Revision 2.2, March 12, 2002
James W. Conway - Stanford Nanofabrication Facility - Stanford University
ZEP-520 is very high resolution positive tone resist, that like PMMA is simple to use and gives reproducible results. Compared to PMMA, it has an advantage of being 3 times faster and has good dry etch resistance. It has the disadvantages of poor adhesion (requires HMDS prime layer) and normal exposure doses result in re-entrant pattern profiles. This inherent undercut is useful for metal liftoff deposition.
11. Metal Liftoff:
1. 5-20 min ACETONE SOAK
2. 3 - 5 MIN. ACETONE FLUSH WITH SQUEEZE BOTTLE.
3. 3 MIN ACETONE SOAK W/ ULTRASONIC.
4. 3 MIN. IPA W/ ULTRASONIC.
5. Final Strip: NMP or PRS-1000, at 80 degrees C. or O2 ash.
12. Optical Microscope Inspection: 50 and 500 or 1000 X Magnification.
SEM Inspection: CD Measurements and dose determination.
E-beam Technology Group - Stanford Nanofabrication Facility - Stanford University
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
Last Modified 12/01/2003