Using Triton X-100
Triton X-100 can be used as a surfactant to break surface tension on wafers
during a BOE wet etch. The most common use in the lab is aid in the etching
of oxide for small features.
- The solution in the small bottle is about 10:1 DI:Triton X-100.
- Only a couple of drops added to the BOE (6:1and 20:1 only, not 50:1)
- Use of the solution is restricted to the Nonmetal, Metal and General wetbenches.
- Once the solution is added to the BOE bath, a note informing users is required.
- Triton X-100 will leave a film on the surface of the wafer which must be
removed by the standard resist strip techniques.
- Please inform staff when the bottle is getting empty.
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility