Subject: Re: BOE (6:1) bath has some issues....
From: Benjamin Chui <bwchui@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 18:37:41 -0800 (PST)
Sun, 9 Dec 2012 18:37:41 -0800 (PST)
I second Sangmoo.  More often than not, the 6:1 BOE bath has a lot of white crystals
around it when I come use it.  I have to rinse them off the counter and even the lid
all the time.  I think the cause is, some users don't realize that the 'water' left
on the counter is actually BOE and will evaporate to leave solid HF crystals.  I hope
the uninformed users get this message and try to keep the wet bench clean.  Even if
you've rinsed the countertop after use, you'll have to air-gun away the water away;
otherwise the next person who comes along has no way of knowing if the liquid is water
or acid.

Ben