Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: RAITH Group XXIV -- Intensive 4 day short course. January 23 -26, 2007 TUESDAY - FRIDAY 10 AM - 6 PM
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:02:21 -0800
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:02:21 -0800
*Greetings RAITH Group X XIV:

Due to many challenges on the start up of the RAITH system after the
break, I have made a decision to push back the RAITH Class by one week
to allow users working on the system to catch up on their work before we
take the system over for the class.
**
If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed to
be in RAITH Group** XXIV**.
If you are listed in the CC: section of this email; I still am in need
of further information or a commitment from you, and hope to add you in
the next class. Any RAITH user wishing to attend are also welcome if you
desire a review of operations on the RAITH system.
**
We wish to invite all interested parties to the Tuesday morning lecture
session and demo layer one training following at 2 PM - 6 PM in the
afternoon. All are also welcome to attend as observers the other
'hands-on' sessions through the week.
All Users are  encouraged to join any Raith Champion when they are on
the system to gain further exposure to the system.
*
*If you are listed in the To: section of this email:
*This is your first reminder and confirmation of your commitment for
attending the RAITH Group XXIV Training course to be held January 23
-26, 2007.
The schedule follows along with a listing of Participants whom you will
be working with as a Team.  This will be an intensive four day workshop. _
*You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the experience
and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.*

_*NOTE:* *_There are prerequisites you must complete before attending
this class:_*
You must have recent relevant SEM and LITHO experience before your can
sit for this class. Please see me directly during my office hour if you
have any questions.
*Please bring examples of your best high resolution SEM work to the
first class.**  If you don't have intermediate SEM operations experience
you will be dropped from this class. *

Users are also encouraged to attend the *"Take a Spin with Me"* class
covering Ebeam Resist handling procedures. Next class is to be scheduled
in the weeks after your RAITH Class. There is a separate sign up for
this class on the white board in my office at CIS 31.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
---------------------------------

*   **RAITH Group** XXIV** Schedule: **   *

*Raith 150 Basic Users Training – Intensive 4 Day Short Course*

*January 23 -26, 2007 from 10 - 6 PM Tuesday through Friday.*

*The Plan of Action:
*We will start out with a half day of lecture in the morning Tuesday;
quickly moving into entirely 'hands on' operations training through the
remainder of the week.  We will break for lunch at various times, while
the system is writing, so plan to be flexible with your other outside
commitments.  You should have started working on your GDS II patterns
and preparing PMMA on your substrates if you wish to write on your
material. Please bring your patterns and materials to the 'Hands-On'
sessions. Some afternoons we may also be able to finish earlier,
letting the system write on its own to the end of our reservations on
the system.*
*

* Schedule:*
Tuesday January 23, 2007:
10:00 - 12:30   Session 1:  Basic Users Course Lecture  -- CIS-X 201
14:00 - 17:00  Session 2:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer One --
EBEAM LAB CIS L104

Wednesday January 24, 2007:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer Two:
OVERLAY -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:  Hands On training session One -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Thursday January 25, 2007:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Two -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Three -- EBEAM LAB
CIS L104

Friday January 26, 2007:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Four -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 8: Hands On training session Five -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Individual Qualification Sessions will be held after this class where-
you can demonstrate your skill on the system to me and gain your login
to the system.

I CAN PROVIDE A CD AND PRINTED MATERIALS AT THE FIRST MEETING, IF YOU
HAVE NOT ALREADY RECEIVED ONE YET.
You can stop by my office hour and pick up a copy of these training
materials during my daily office hour. (8:30 - 9:30 AM CIS 31)

      *PARTICIPANTS IN RAITH GROUP XXIV**:*

1. Anu Chandran chandran@stanford.edu <mailto:chandran@stanford.edu>
Coral: anu
 Brongersma Group Project: Tunnel Junction Plasmonic device

2. Gaurav Thareja Coral: gthareja@stanford.edu
Nishi Group Project: Silicon Pillars for devices.

3.  Jong-Hwa Baek Coral: ______
Ben Yoo Group, UCDAVIS Project: Photonic Crystal devices.

4. Paul Leu pleu@stanford.edu <mailto:pleu@stanford.edu> Coral: pleu
Paul McIntyer Group:  Project: Ge Nanowires

5. John Liu sqliu@stanford.edu <mailto:sqliu@stanford.edu> Coral: sqliu
Brongersma Group Project: plasmonics.

6. Anika Kinkhabwala anikak@stanford.edu <mailto:anikak@stanford.edu>
Coral: anikak
WE Moerner Group
Project: nano-photonics bowtie for optical enhancement.

["multipart/related" not shown]

1. Anu Chandran chandran@stanford.edu Coral: anu

4. Paul Leu pleu@stanford.edu Coral: pleu
Paul McIntyer Group:  Project: Ge Nanowires

5. John Liu
sqliu@stanford.edu Coral: sqliu
Brongersma Group Project: plasmonics.

6. Anika Kinkhabwala
anikak@stanford.edu Coral: anikak
WE Moerner Group
Project: nano-photonics bowtie for optical enhancement.

["image/gif" not shown]