Subject: Re: Raith Upgrade
From: "James W. Conway" <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:56:44 -0700

Hello Matthias and the RAITH Community:

The system is up and available for All Qualified Users.
Users in the training queue, or seeking to start training, have not been ignored or forgotten and we will resume normal training sessions in mid October starting October 18th as planned.

I am currently troubleshooting a short list of issues to be resolved and much progress has been made since my return to SNF last week.  Most of these items I would describe as the normal 'teething' issues that you would encounter when any complex tool is upgraded and brought back up on-line.  I am hoping to complete fully the site system performance and resolution qualification testing by week's end next week.

Working closely with RAITH USA Inc. we are going to be adding additional enhanced functionality to the tool and turning on a number of new features once we complete the initial site qualifications.
This will include adding the Fixed Beam Moving Stage (FBMS) capability. This valuable package, which has been donated by Raith for a two year trial period, will allow Users to write very precise patterns without Write Field to Write Field stitching on their patterns. (Write on the Fly if you remember from your initial training class)
 In addition we will be changing the Digital Pattern Generator from the 10 MHz unit that was shipped to a 20 MHz Digital Pattern Generator which will further increase patterning throughput.  A large number of software enhancements are within the Nanosuite 6 software package and we will be turning many features on this week and next.  This should also include a greatly enhanced column control where most functions previously performed on the Column computer (LEO PC now called SMART SEM) can be controlled from the RAITH side of the package.  Finally this will allow semi-automated and automated control for patterning and metrology using simple scripting language along with full JavaScript call function capability on the tool.

Once we work out the bugs and come up to speed on the new software and hardware, I assure everyone you will love to use the system and be able to seek a new level of performance in your patterning and metrology results.

I am now asking all Users on the tool to note any issues, problems, and errors that you may encounter and ask questions you may have into the RAITH 150 Notebook No. 4 or on this email list.  This greatly assist me in monitoring the tool, learning about the new software and hardware features, and finally add to a ever growing Frequently Asked Question data base that I am developing and hope to add to the SNF swiki in coming months.

The quality of your work and your research needs are very important to me.  I intend to continue to 'Create Pathways To Success' for all Users working in the Ebeam lab and if you need help please don't hesitate to ask for my attention.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
SNF