Subject: Shutdown raith SNF 2005-01-11 14:01:46: System performance failed to pass qualification
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:07:30 -0800
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:07:30 -0800
Hello Raith Users:

I have placed the RAITH 150 system in 'Red light'   i.e., shut down mode.
Something very strange is going on and I have not been able to account
for the problem to a specific cause thus far.

Problem encountered:  EBL Features written on PMMA using the system are
coming out grossly over exposed and most features are developing
completely out.  Even the smallest dose specified are resulting in
features much larger than the presumed spot size with SPL's on the order
of 1 - 3 microns.  Examination of the system protocol files yields the
correct dose as previously determined for these film.  These writes are
on qualified 2% 950K MW PMMA material on Silicon and we have been using
as  reference samples from this wafer for nearly a year.

Working with Raith to troubleshoot this phenomenon.

More information after the next test,

James Conway

High resolution features failed to be resolved and all features appear grossly overdosed.
mallest single pixel lines at dose factor 1 are approximately 1 - 3 um (optical micr.
1000X PL)
system placed into shut down mode.
JWC 01112005:1356 hrs