Subject: Problems continue w/ raith SNF 2005-01-13 18:20:23: System still cannot write high resolution features. SEM functions fine!
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:47:19 -0800
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:47:19 -0800
Raith SNF 2005-01-13 18:20:23: System still cannot write high resolution
features. SEM functions fine!

Good Evening Raith Users:

I am continuing to work on the problems we have encountered after the
shutdown and PM with much larger spots written than usual resulting in
grossly overdosed area and single pixel line features.  I am turning
CORAL to 'yellow light' mode to all RAITH CHAMPIONS ONLY to utilize the
system for SEM CD inspections and your troubleshooting if you desire. I
will return to this effort from 10 - 1:00 tomorrow. (Friday Jan 14,
2004) Others call me if you wish to try overnight tonight.

The SEM and Image Acquisition and Metrology sections are working fine
and resolution in SEM mode is excellent.
Minimum feature I resolved today was 10 nm at 10 kV., WD 5 mm, 30 um apt.

While you may attempt to perform EBL writes, but I personally would
desire you did not do this on critical work as your results may vary
from what you normally expect to get from this system. Single shot dots
are 100 nm in diameter with a 1.5 - 2.0 um blur or scattering artifact
around these features.
I performed several test writes today and will develop and evaluate in
the morning.

I have requested they ship me a new calibrated Electron Optics board to
perform additional test. Other causes could be problems during
unblanking with the objective lens controls, and the new installed
FE-Gun emission settings.
We continue to evaluate this problem and will resolve it ASAP with
RAITH''s assistance.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway