Subject: New FAQ: Write Field Alignment Error: ZOOM U or V exceeds limits allowed...
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:03:39 -0800
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:03:39 -0800
Josh and other RAITH Users:

FAQ No TBD:

Write Field Alignment Challenges: What to try if you get a ELPHY+  Zoom
U or V exceeds limits error:

If  you hit the limits first check your Working Distance (W).
If it is less than 5 mm  -  adjust W in the UVW Alignment Window then
drive the stage to W = 5 mm (absolute) and repeat the write field
alignment.  You should get results on the order of Zoom U =1.48 and Zoom
V + 1.5248 at 600 X magnification for the 100 um write field specification

If you cannot complete the write field alignment  THEN reduce to
magnification to 550 - 580 x and reset the write field alignment window
to Zoom U = 1.0, Zoom V =1.0 and repeat the WF alignment feature.

I have been able to get to complete the procedure at 600 X on my user:
jwc log in. The result although close to the limits my results after WF
Alignment  do not exceed the limits of Zoom U or V > 1.55 . This is
giving me superb results for stitching and overlay alignment on the system.

If you, or other users, are having continuing issues with this please
call me. If I am in the lab, I would be happy to assist you. Today or
tomorrow I will be testing the system in my user: test_user default user
log in to ensure that the changes I made to the system settings were in
fact transferred down to all current users on the RAITH 150.

Hopefully everyone will be able to obtain optimal EBL results on the system.

James Conway
01192005:1000