Subject: [Fwd: Problem raith SNF 2005-02-08 09:39:24: Reports of increased scattering or leakage when blanked]
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:01:11 -0800
Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:01:11 -0800

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Problem raith SNF 2005-02-08 09:39:24: Reports of increased
scattering or leakage when blanked
Date: 	Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:39:24 -0800
From: 	jwc@snf.stanford.edu
To: 	raith-pcs@snf.stanford.edu

Greetings:
Yesterday with Dirk Englund we observed an increase in the scattering from the Raith
blanker on the RAITH 150 EBL system.
Parameters:
10 kV, 20 um aperture, beam I Raith blanker 'on' (Beam Off) =
0.0023 nA. Beam I Raith 'off' (Beam ON) = ~ 0.087 nA.
Users are requested to measure their beam Currents both with and without the blanker
'on' and record the values observed in the RAITH users logbook.  Raith USA and I are
working to promptly address this concern.
JWC 02082005 09:39