Subject: NEW THREAD: 2% 950K MW PMMA -A (in Anisole solvent) data.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:01:23 -0800
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:01:23 -0800
Greetings Raith Users:

During the last month I have started working with the 2% 950K MW PMMA in
Anisole material, carefully characterizing the material's properties for
SNF labmember usage. To ensure we don't get the material  mixed up with
the Chlorobenzene, I have labeled all the wide mouth bottles I decant
the source material into with large bright safety green stickers and
labeled 2% 950K MW PMMA-A.

Clifford Hicks reports 55 - 59 nm thickness for 5000 rpm on small PIECES.
This is consistent with my initial results on 100 mm Si wafers where I
obtained 57.7 nm +- 1.3 nm thickness.

Attached is my data for 1000 - 5000 rpm spin speeds as a function of
thickness and wafer to wafer uniformity for the range of speeds
targeting 100 nm thickness.  Currently I am using 1580 rpm to render 100
nm / 1000 angstrom thickness.
Note: The Headway gives me very consistent results. Open cover and
sparingly dispense the material allowing no longer than 10 seconds
before starting the spin. All Thickness measurements made using PRG. #
57 on the NanoSpec at n =1.49 ( index of refraction.)

Thank you for your support!

James Conway

Re: Spinning 5% 495K MW PMMA With anisole today.  'Come and take a spin
with me...'

Clifford Hicks wrote:

I spun 2% PMMA with anisole onto three (very small) pieces, for 40 seconds
at 5000rpm. The thicknesses came out between 55 and 59nm, well inside the
edge bead near as I could tell.

With dry etching of GaAs/AlGaAs I'm getting a GaAs:PMMA selectivity
exceeding 4:1 but I haven't much data on that.

	- Cliff

["application/vnd.ms-excel" not shown]