Subject: Re: Raith shifting problem fixed yet? NO CURRENT WORKAROUND
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:41:03 -0800

Hello Kenneth and Raith Users:

SHIFTS BETWEEN MAG RANGE 2 AND 3 IS STILL A CURRENT ISSUE:

but Not a problem because everyone does their Write Field alignment in the Mag Range 2 stage of the SEM system.

So....   get your dots, focus and stigmate on them at high magnification, as you normally would do.  Then zoom Mag. down below 12.8 kX magnification and relocate your dots and likely the reduced raster scan artifacts along with the shots (i.e.,  the little box around your shots...) centering the features into the cross hair on the LEO.
Then perform your writefield alignment as you normally would.  Everything will be OK.

BTW you will locate your features about 21 um to the west of center of focus going from Mag range 3 (>12.8 kX) to mag range 2 (0.580 - 12.8 kX)  Remember All EBL writes on the system occur within Mag range 2.

Please see me if you have any questions.

James Conway

Kenneth Chen wrote:
Is the random jumping, as you change magnification, still occurring on the Raith right now?  I notice several users have used it since the weekend, but the problem has not been cleared on Coral yet.

- Kenneth Chen
coral: kychen51