Subject: RAITH 150 UPDATE Monday June 23, 2003
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:47:53 -0700

RAITH 150 UPDATE:

The RAITH 150 is down and NOT  available for users until late Friday June 27, 2003.

Last Weekend -- Unqualified User Access Attempt:
There was some downtime over last weekend due to an unqualified users’ access attempt Friday evening on June 16, 2003.   They attempted to log in using an archived login and passwd, then again attempted to enter through the windows admin. account.  I was able to resolve these issues completely by coming in Sunday and removing this login and changing the training passwd.

The system has been up and running 24/7 until we took it down Tuesday midday for the Laser Stage replacement.

Dozens of wafer writes occurred the last week we were up as Users prepared for the scheduled down time period.

Kudos to all these Users whom worked closely together to maximize their throughput as we prepared for the downtime.

UPDATE:  Laser Stage Replacement:
Last week we replaced the Laser Stage in the RAITH with a new qualified stage that was custom built for us in Dortmund. Germany.  The switch out went off without a hitch and the stage completed preliminary mechanical and electrical control testing last week.  Friday, we identified several abnormal problems with the LEO SEM Column and Electron Optics Board.
These problems had surfaced when the FE-Gun was exchanged, but had not yet been adequately addressed by LEO.
Working with Heiner Malchus, RAITH Field Service visiting here from Dortmund; we were able to identify specific issues needing to be addressed immediately with LEO Field service.
This has caused our intensive schedule to slip by one to two days. We hope to be back up for users by Friday this week.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Users affected by the stitching issues and seeking assistance with their patterns are asked to see James Conway so we can schedule working sessions later this week once we have completed the Stage and System qualifications.

We hope to also hold two RAITH applications Questions and Answer sessions for all interested users during the afternoons of Thursday and Friday this week.  This is to enable a user forum so we don't have to repeat the same questions and answers to multiple persons through the week.  You can submit your questions in advance if you desire. (Subject: RAITH Questions, jwc@snf.stanford.edu)  We hope to hold these sessions at 4 PM Thursday and Friday June 26/27, 2003 in the E-beam Lab.

Please stay tune for an update on Wednesday morning...

Thank you for your interest in E-beam Lithography and SEM at SNF!

James Conway
E-beam Technology Group,
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility

Michael Kahl -- RAITH GmbH, Dortmund Germany.