Subject: 2nd NOTICE: Extended downtime planned for APRIL 18, 2005 9:00 AM through April 22, 2005 12:00 PM
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:46:42 -0700

Greetings Raith Users:

Notice is given that I will be taking the RAITH 150 system off line to Users from Monday APRIL 18, 2005 at about 9 AM through approximately 12:00 hours Friday April 22, 2005 to effect repairs to the LEO SEM COLUMN .

We will be performing another PM routine in addition to performing several test and inspections upon opening the column. We plan to replace all consumable components inside the column with new components including the aperture plate and liner tube assembly, the anode assembly and the anode and blanking apertures in addition rebuilding the blanking aperture sections. No changes are planned to the FE- Gun section of the column.

RAITH Field service may desire some assistance in functional testing the system and may have openings for RAITH Champions to assist in testing the system Wednesday and Thursday evenings and going into Friday morning.

This is the current plan of action to resolve the blanker leakage and scattering issues we are currently being encumbered by for many structure writes on the system.  This plan may change and we will post to this list ASAP as our schedule shifts if necessary.

During this week Raith Champions

Thank you for your support!

James Conway