Subject: Raith Status Tuesday April 12, 2005 16:00 hours SYSTEM is UP and normal operation to 10 kV.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:21:53 -0700

Greetings Raith Users:

System seems fine after bringing up the FE-Gun yesterday afternoon after bringing the system back up after the recent power failure to the lab.
I inspected the patterns that we wrote yesterday evening  and they appear fine.  We will SEM when we have time during the RAITH group XIII class we are conducting this week.

We exposed the origin_target.csf  pattern in 10 X 10 X 1 mm array across a 17 X 12 mm Silicon chip.
We exposed several demo.csf patterns with increasing dose arrays.

Exposure results:
Origin_target.csf:
All rings were visible and the single pixel line was developed out and with uniform appearance in line widths across the area of the writefield.

Demo.csf:
Everything looks normal under 1000 X magnification using Polarized light optical microscope.  Write field to write field stitching is excellent and single pixel lines exposed at the normal reference dose of 100 uC/cm^2 cleared nicely.
Note this test was performed on reference 100 nm 2% 950K MW PMMA in CHLOROBENZENE.

We are writing the stitching and overlay structures this afternoon and hope to report results later this week.

Recent Users reports:
Users working with the anisole based material are reporting a slight increase in the dose to clear with respect to the dose to clear using the former chlorobenzene based resist.  On 101 nm 2% 950 K MW PMMA in Anisole the dose to clear is 115 - 120 uC/cm2.  I will be posting the NEW 2% 950 K MW PMMA in Anisole data and revised process to the SNF web site later this week.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway