Subject: SPECIAL EDITION: RAITH UPDATE and more: RAITH IS IN SPEC AND AVAILABLE TO USERS!
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:38:53 -0700

GREETINGS RAITH 150 USERS:
It is with great relief I can post that 'The system is up and available for users' this weekend and beyond.
Be advised Reservations are limited to 12 hours per week!
You must enter your work into the Logbook!

It was an incredible week with a multitude of task accomplished.  Testing of the new RAITH Laser Stage and application testing with Users patterns occupied most of our waking hours.  RAITH is now up and available for users…
There are a number of users seeking access to this system next week, so please play nicely together! -- JWC

The Raith is returning to service with better than spec stitching and overlay!
Stitching |mean| + 3s = 30.1 nm.  Full write up will come out by July 18, 2003.

LEO Field Service was called in Friday and again Monday to deal with problems that were identified with the LEO Column and Electron Optics Board by RAITH Field service during their visit here last week. The E/O board was damaged during the FE-Gun exchange and we requested they replace the board and ensure the system is working in optimal condition.  The E/O board has been replaced and a number of issues have been resolved.  Several more LEO scan generator problems, less evident and intermittent, remain to be resolved and will be as we get more information from LEO Oberkocken and RAITH GmbH in Germany.

RAITH Stage Replacement:
The Laser Stage passed qualification testing with |mean| + 3 sigma = 30.1 nm!
 (Note:  Stitching specification was |mean| + 2 sigma = 60 nm)
This result is independent of sample position on the Std. Sample Holder.
A detailed summary and technical review will be conducted the week of July 14 – 18 after receiving final reports from RAITH GmbH and LEO.

LAST CALL: Application Support for those users affected by Stitching Issues:
Michael Kahl from RAITH GmbH will stay on through Tuesday evening to continue working with User's patterns to chase out the final issues that may remain. Users are requested to report to CORAL and Michael all problems observed or encountered immediately.  The machine is reserved for testing by Michael from 9 AM - 12:30 PM Monday and Tuesday under the JWC login. Monday and Tuesday afternoons from 1300 to 1700 hours are reserved for those users seeking help or having questions.  Please make notes and post to the raith@snf.stanford.edu to share the information with others. Everyone is welcome to attend these sessions!

NEW Ebeam Technical Advisory Committee Forming in August:
I am interested in forming a technical advisory committee for the Ebeam Technology Group here at SU.  I would like to identify Faculty, Advanced Users of Ebeam, and RAITH Champions whom would be interested in forming this committee.
The kick off meeting will occur Friday August 1, 2003 at 3 PM in CIS 101.
Please reply by email to jwc@snf.stanford.edu, Subject: Ebeam Committee, if you are interested in participating.

James Conway will be away from SNF returning Tuesday June 8, 2003.
Please refer to Paul Jerabek for Ebeam and Charley Williams III for SEM's if you encounter problems or have questions on the systems.  Please report all problems to CORAL...

Thank you for your interest in E-beam Lithography and SEM at SNF!

James Conway || Paul Jerabek || Charley Williams III
E-beam Technology Group, Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
650-725-7075