Subject: Problem(Sigh....) with the Raith
From: "arvind sundaramurthy" <arvisun@stanford.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 23:18:21 -0800
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 23:18:21 -0800
hi james,
I was working on the raith tonight. I logged in, set  'z', the voltage to 30Kev and
aperture to 10um. I then started working on my layout. An error "Error Number 519: EHT
Set Extractor Trip" popped up on the SEM monitor. There was an error on the raith status
report " Error reading IEEE 488". The stage did not respond to any movement of the joystick.
I closed all programs on the raith and the SEM column program & then tried to log back
on. But raith gave me the following error:"Error PZT control EDA2/3,piezo hardware not
connected" when I opened it and then the message " Error reading IEEE 488" was found
on the status report.

I tried unloading my sample and it wouldn't let me do it. I think it is down till you
get to see whats happening with it. I hope its something that's fixable at the earliest.

arvind