Subject: Please report problems to the CORAL reporting system. Image acquisition was lost on RAITH last night... but never reported
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:21:08 -0800
Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:21:08 -0800
Greetings:

Late this morning, a User working on the RAITH  reported to me that
there was a problem on the image acquisition from the LEO to the RAITH
during align write field operations. As it turns out the previous user
had this problem but did not report it to the CORAL: report problem; so
it never registered to my awareness until the next User came into the
lab this morning.  Had it been reported to CORAL I would have been
automatically informed with an email from the raith-pcs@snf.stanford.edu
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi/2170> email list.   Note that
it is not a problem until it is reported onto the CORAL system...  (The
user did make a notation in the Raith operations logbook...)

FAQ XXX TBD:  Cannot obtain an SEM Image in the Write Field Alignment
routine on the Raith computer...
If you run into problems obtaining images across the communications
between the RAITH 150 package and the RAITH SEM (formerly informally
called LEO SEM)
it is most likely due to a problems in the communications between the
computers, or a loss of a module in the SW applications running on the
RAITH SEM.

To correct this problem, [save] your position list and project files on
the RAITH,  gracefully exit and shut down either the RAITH SEM computer,
or both computers, to restore the system to its default settings and to
perform a  re-read all the RAITH SEM software modules into the LEO
Server window.  The Image acquisition and all normal functionality
should now be restored.  If not place the system into yellow mode by
reporting the problem on the  raith-pcs@snf.stanford.edu
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi/2170>.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway

Greetings:

Late this morning, a User working on the RAITH  reported to me that there was a problem on the image acquisition from the LEO to the RAITH during align write field operations. As it turns out the previous user had this problem but did not report it to the CORAL: report problem; so it never registered to my awareness until the next User came into the lab this morning.  Had it been reported to CORAL I would have been automatically informed with an email from the raith-pcs@snf.stanford.edu email list.   Note that it is not a problem until it is reported onto the CORAL system...  (The user did make a notation in the Raith operations logbook...)