Subject: Load Lock errors -- please be careful with
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:24:15 -0800

All Raith Users:

Please be careful on the Load Lock Procedures!

Raith Users Please Note:
Users should be careful to follow load lock procedure with attention and care, especially to ensure that the 'cancel button' is never selected on the 'Unable to pump load lock error' message.

Always attempt to 'RETRY' to resume LL procedure after checking the Status of the turbo pump controller. If it is red press reset and continue as normal.

Please NEVER exit out of Windows OS, the Raith 150 application, or do a cold reset the Raith computer during a LL procedure -- you will trip the fatal load lock error! It will not cancel your load lock procedure request.
Once it starts let it run till completed.

As we start to enter our busy period of the term these types of operator mistakes will more severely impact users access to the system.
Please be a careful operator!  Users whom could not complete their writes this weekend due to downtime overnight and morning Friday to Sat. should see me during my office hour for rescheduling if need be.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway