Subject: Re: workaround and solutions for users having problems using layer 61 automated write field alignment.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:02:21 -0800
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:02:21 -0800
Greetings:

Yesterday I looked at the problem the User had encountered overnight
Saturday last weekend in more detail and found a that change in the
Threshold parameter settings for the align write field process called in
the ALIGN.PLS position list.  When a user scanned his position list for
layer 61 the system opens up ALIGN.PLS and performs the automated
scans.  The line scans completes and there is a wave form in the Line
scan dialog box but the thresholds displays the WIDTH and NOT the
POSITION that the system desires to measure.  The data then does not get
placed into the proper POS 1 POS 2 and POS 3 columns of the ALIGN.PLS so
the system do receive the data as to where the targets are in order to
adjust the ALIGN Write field.  In the end you get a red light in the PLS.

I believe I have resolved this problem by copying ALIGN.PLS from the
system folder and over writing the ALIGN.PLS is users directories:
training, stohr.
If you are working in overlay using layer 61 and encounter this problem
you can also do this simple procedure to correct this problem:

   1. Scan layer 61 in your position list item.  Let the system perform
      the line scans and you will either get green or red dots next to
      the ID number.
   2. If necessary open ALIGN.PLS ensuring you are opening from YOUR
      user/data/ directory.  You will see the line scan files in the
      listing on the right of the U, V positions and patterns names.
   3. Double click on the item line in the position list.  You will
      obtain the new dialog box containing the line scan image file
      which is a SEM wave form.
   4. Press the apply button on the dialog box and that will pop up the
      Threshold algorithm - ALIGN WRITE Field dialog box.  If it is
      another thresholding file, use the pull down menu to select ALIGN
      WRITE FIELD.
   5. Finally on the bottom of this dialog box is a DISPLAY section and
      click off the POSITION button and not the WIDTH button and then
      press [OK].
   6. Close the align.pls list and save your changes on the pop up request.
   7. Go and rescan you pattern layer 61 and all other layers exposed in
      overlay and you should be just fine.

Users still having problems with this please seem me immediately, or
call my cell.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway