Subject: REMINDER: Ebeam Technical Advisory Commitee Kick off Meeting TODAY 3 - 5 PM.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:38:52 -0700
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:38:52 -0700
Good Morning,

Please be reminded that today we are having a Kickoff Meeting to form
the  Ebeam Technology Group Technical Advisory Committee.  This meeting
will be held in CIS 101 from 3 - 5 PM.

You are invited to participate in helping me develop this group into an
effective working group with the goals of:

   * Improving communications with Faculty and committed members of the
     Ebeam Community here at Stanford University.
   * Provide a monthly forum to communicate progress, develop solutions
     to challenges, and aid in making decisions that influence the
     larger group of Users on our Beam Tools.
   * To provide a technical resource and consultancy to the Ebeam Lab
     members.
   * Form a strategy to  drive an effort to make the SNF Ebeam Lab
     become a visible and leading influence in Ebeam Lithography
     improving technical exchange with researchers at other universities
     and within the NUNN network.
   * Provide a forum of peer review and support for measurements,
     metrology, and testing methods to evaluate our Ebeam system's
     performance.

This group will meet monthly and I would expect a one year commitment to
attend and participate in these meetings from you.

It is hoped that you will be able to attend this and future meetings as
your busy schedules will allow.

Thank you,

JWC

Agenda for the Ebeam Technology Advisory Committee Kick Off Meeting.
Friday August 1, 2003 3 - 5 PM  CIS 101.

3:00 - 3:05 Welcome
                    Scope of the Committee
                    What I hope we can achieve in the short term and
long term- brief.

3:05 - 3:15 The Year in Review
                    Equipment
                    Processes
                    People

3:15 - 3:45 Current Issues to Address.
   Hitachi -- Current Status and Plan to return the system to
Specifications.
   Raith -- Resolution of Stage and Gun issues related to the Write
Field Stitching problems experienced.
             -- Review of measurements and the decision tree to resolve
these issues.
             -- Concerns and issues with regards to LEO Field service.

3:45 - 4:00   Web Based Communications, Logbooks and Reporting criteria
for Users of the SNF Ebeam Facility.
                    How to effectively improve reporting and web based
dissemination of information to the Ebeam Community.
                            - To Swiki or not to Swiki...
                            - Our Web or Yours...
                            -Improving communications...

4:00 - 4:20 Future Directions of Focus for the Ebeam Technology Group
research:

      Identify the Biggest needs for the Lab.
       - What must we have to improve the lab in Equipment, Processes,
and People?
       - How can we better meet the expectations and needs for the Ebeam
Community?

 Novel Resist Systems:
Positive Tone Materials | PMMA on membranes | UHR Ebeam Lithography |
SPL
Negative Tone materials | Calixarenes and HSQ | Direct write polymeric
systems.

Devices and future areas of interest and importance to Lab Users.

4:20 - 5:00 Open Discussions.

You are invited to attend any, all, or part, as your time will allow.

Thank you,

James Conway

Announcement June 27, 2003:
>>NEW Ebeam Technical Advisory Committee Forming in August:
> I am interested in forming a technical advisory committee for the
Ebeam
> Technology Group here at SU.  I would like to identify Faculty,
> Users of Ebeam, and RAITH Champions whom would be interested in
forming this
> committee.
> The kick off meeting will occur Friday August 1, 2003 at 3 PM in CIS
101.
> Please reply by email to jwc@snf.stanford.edu, Subject: Ebeam
Committee, if