Subject: READ ME Changes made to the Z motor speed comtrols to correct problems encountererd over weekend. -- LOG IN TO THE LOGBOOK!
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 19:03:08 -0700

Greetings Raith Community:

Today to resolve the problems encountered with the Z Motor in the XYZ Stage I had to make changes to the system settings:

I reduced the speed of the Z motor control to reduce the current it draws during lift in  Z operations of the Stage. (Decreasing WD)
The Virtual Motor Control module was erroring out during Z stage moves.  Working with RAITH Field service we reduced the speed at which Motor 3 moves reducing the current draw. I then had to make changes to the time limit settings and the RAITH launch and load lock scripts so that the increased time to do the move in Z did not time out on the system causing a fatal load lock error.

There is the possibility that the system may have been damage or the Z drive rack tweaked during a touch down of the final lens pole piece to the front surface of the Std. Sample Holder.  If this by chance occurred during your run for any reason please let me know.   Normal use should never be below 3.2 mm WD.

We will be ordering new Z motor and rebuilding the Z rack fixtures in the near to distinct future.  The speed and script changes are hoped to allow us to put off this maintenance and repair until the Fourth of July Holiday weekend.  A gun bake out is also scheduled for that time.

Users are requested to report any strange events they encountered during their runs to this list and to CORAL.

USERS MUST LOG IN ON THE PAPER LOGBOOK AND ONTO CORAL BEFORE STARTING THEIR RUN.
PLEASE BE SURE TO LOG IN FOR ALL YOUR RUNS BOTH ON CORAL AND IN THE PAPER LOGBOOK.
HENCE FORTH USERS WHOM DO NOT LOG IN TO THE PAPER LOGBOOK AND RECORD THEIR EXPOSURE PARAMETERS WILL BE RESTRICTED OR REMOVED FROM ACCESS TO THE RAITH SYSTEM.

Thank you,

James Conway