Subject: Raith Z motor repairs completed. System available 2 - 9 AM FRI and beyond.
From: James Conway <jwconway@stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 18:52:01 -0700

Greetings Raith Users:

We have completed the repairs to the Z motor and finished testing the motor
control modules on the RAITH XYZ Stage.
Currently we are testing the system and performing normal routine
adjustments to the E/O card returning the system to normal settings and
eliminating all evident shifts in the Mag amplifier, aperture and Stigmator
centering functions.

10 kV 30 um aperture min resolution is 4 nm. Beam waist is < 2 nm.
20 kv 30 um aperture min resolution is 2 nm.
5 mm WD.

I have removed my maintenance reservations for overnight and seek users whom
wish access to the system to sign up on CORAL.  The system is currently
available from 2 AM to 9 AM Friday Morning.

Jhemanth has the system 10 PM to 2 AM but may complete his work before that
end time.

Karen Tedesco will be working with me 9 AM - 12 Noon and I will perform
final system checks during that time.

If all goes well the system will be up and available to all users over the
holiday weekend.

Thank you for your support!

James