Subject: Beamtools report for Monday August 4, 2003
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 12:04:28 -0700

Greetings:

All Ebeam and SEM systems are up and available for users!
Please fill out a Sem Training and Users Facility Survey if you are a SEM User in our facility.
Copies are outside the Ebeam Lab door.
Filled out forms can be left in James Conway's office. CIS 31.

Ebeam Lab Pass Thru Storage Notice:
Everyone is requested to remove all wafers from the Ebeam Lab Dry box that is not IN-PROCESS in the Ebeam Lab. This area is not to be used for your engineering materials storage.  The box is NOT N2 purged and is likely neither very clean nor dry.

System status as of 12 Noon Monday August 04, 2003:

Semhitachi, S-800 FE-SEM is up.
A new SOP procedure is in place, a copy is in the SEM LAB.
Users Training Classes on this system is held every 1- 3 PM every Thursday afternoon by appointment.
Send to James Conway (jwc@snf.stanford.edu the following to reserve your place in this class:
Name | email | affiliation coral login | contact phone number.

Ebeam, H-700 Ebeam Exposure System is up and available to users.
Please report to the ebeam list: ebeam@snf.stanford.edu the number of wafers written in July, your finest feature resolved, and any defects or problems encountered.
The Ebeam Team is continuing to evaluate sub-sub field stitching and stage movements to identify a source of stitching and butting errors on writes made on the system.  We need your feedback.

S-4160 is up and ready for your use.

Users Training Classes on this system is held every 1- 3 PM every other Friday afternoon by appointment.
Send to James Conway (jwc@snf.stanford.edu the following to reserve your place in this class:
Name | email | affiliation coral login | contact phone number.
You must be a experienced user of SEMHITACHI to migrate onto this system.
Users are reminded that system is a semi-clean system and no GOLD or GaAs is to be introduced into the chamber.

RAITH 150 is up and available for users.
The system schedule is nearly full, see James Conway if you are having problems making a reservation on CORAL.
Their currently exist a problem in the LEO EHT power supply that has been causing a number of problems with stitching and consistency of area/line/shot doses, in addition to disabling the LEO detector configurations.
 This was previously been thought to be arcing in the FE-gun area,  but now has been sourced to the EHT Power supply.
LEO has been slow to respond to the request to replace this unit and we have been waiting over thirty days thus far.

RAITH 150 Planned Downtime for Maintenance and Service:
Next week we will be down completely from 10 AM Monday until  Noon Wednesday August 13, 2003.

We will be installing three new piezo leveling post replacing those removed from the system a month ago, and requalifying the system. These have been qualified by RAITH  in Dortmund, DE and will resolve all stage leveling issues.  Concurrently we will be performing normal system maintenance on both the LEO computer and RAITH systems.

LEO Computer: ALL USERS: BACK UP ALL YOUR FILES TO CD-ROM THIS WEEK:
Next week, concurrent with the service downtime, we will be installing a new operating system on the LEO computer and this may require removing all old system files, logins, and images from the old hard drive.  We will establish a new login for you on your next access.  You must do this yourself.  Users are also asked to delete all old files from the drives.

BTW:  There is a remote possibility that there may be some nighttime access to the RAITH 150 during our testing Tuesday August 12 afternoon and possibly overnight.  Please see James Conway should you desire to be on Standby.

Thank you for your interest in E-beam Lithography and SEM at SNF!

James Conway || Paul Jerabek || Charley Williams III
E-beam Technology Group, Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
650-725-7075