Subject: Run the Raith until Zeiss Field service arrives.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:35:12 -0700

Greetings Raith Users:

We will continue the CORAL schedule until Zeiss Field service arrives at SNF.
While I am expecting them to start this morning about 10 AM, historically they have always arrived late and may not arrive until afternoon.

Current plan subject to change is to bring the system back up for Users next Friday afternoon after qualifying the system in the early afternoon.
We will be opening the column to perform several quick inspections, replace the Field Emission Gun Tip and the anode plate and then place the system into an extended back out.  The extended bake out is an attempt to reduce contamination levels at the multi-hole aperture plate and to drive the hydrocarbons out of the column.  This proved to be very successful last year's end  when we PM'd the old column.

Wishing you a safe and enjoyable holiday week for the Fourth of July.  I will return to SNF on Friday July 7, 2006 at 10 AM.

Thank you for your support and interest in Ebeam Technologies here at Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway