Subject: Comment raith SNF 2006-07-18 16:55:08: System tested for operations at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 kV]
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:29:31 -0700
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:29:31 -0700
Greetings raith Users:

Today I tested the RAITH system at voltages ranging from 5 to 30 kV in 5
kV steps.
No significant increases in system or FE-Gun section vacuum pressures
where observed, other than the normal small increase and immediate
decrease to base pressure when the Liner Voltage for the Beam Booster
shuts off and ramps up above 20 kV.
User restrictions on Acceleration Voltage are now increased to no higher
than 20 kV.
All Users should Pre-Bake all samples on a hot plate at or above 90
degrees Celsius just before you load into the system.

Users wishing to work at higher acceleration voltages than 20 kV should
see me so we can schedule a RAITH session together at some time next week.
I wish to be present when we increase above 20001 Volts for the first
few runs...

Gun vacuum base is 5.45 E -010 Torr.  In normal operations it should not
increase above 9.0 E - 010 Torr.
See mew during my office hour if you should have any questions.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway