Subject: IMPORTANT: PLEASE be sure to return all ebeam materials to the storage cabinets or refrigerator after you use them.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 08:35:20 -0700
Fri, 04 Aug 2006 08:35:20 -0700

Greetings Ebeam and Raith Users

Yesterday evening as I finished up my day I found that some unknown User
had not returned the 5% 495K PMMA in Anisole to the solvent cabinets
where these materials are stored.  This prevented at least one user from
continuing his work that evening because they could not locate the material.

 I then found the bottle of ZEP-520A left in the solvent cabinet --
which is not the proper storage location for this material!
This material must always be refrigerated and allowed to come up to room
temperature before opening the bottle.
I wish to know how long the bottle may have been out of the refrigerator
to determine if the material has sufficient time to hydrolyze or
gelate.  This is a very expensive high performance resist material.  We
all wish to maintain the highest quality in all of our work, so please
in the future, be sure to handle and store this material properly.

Users preparing substrates with ZEP-520A should carefully determine the
dose to clear, inspect all patterns written before attempting pattern
transfer, and report your results back to the email lists.

Reminder:  Please be frugal with the polymer materials  you work with at
SNF.
Your efforts in this regard will assist in controlling expenses for SNF
and allow us to continue to offer high quality engineering materials to
all Lab Members.

Thank you for your interest in Ebeam Technologies at Stanford
Nanofabrication Facility!

James Conway