Subject: Re: Shutdown raith SNF 2006-09-08 16:37:43: sample can't be unloaded
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:54:37 -0700
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:54:37 -0700
Greetings Raith Users:

This user was running the service.nav and not the exchange.nav procedure!!!

Users are strictly notified that they are NOT to perform emergency
recovery or other service.nav procedures on their own without having
either Raith Field Service or James Conway on the phone.

This is very dangerous as that all service and safety interlocks are in
manual mode. Questions that the system software ask must be verified
before next steps.
It is very easy to damage the interferometer mirrors, the robot transfer
arm, or other hardware if you make a mistake in command sequence within
this operation module.  Just don't do it.

Thank you,

James Conway