Subject: Re: raith ok for 30kV?
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:11:58 -0700

Yes you can go to 30 KV -- but first go to 20 kV and let it warm up for at least ten minutes before you go up to 30 KV.  You may see gun vacuum levels increase for a moment and then quickly come down again.  It is just adsorbed gases on the aperture or anode plates.

You should be fine....  If you have any problems call me I will be on campus until 8:30 PM.

Thank you,

James Conway

Brian Gierhart wrote:

Hi James,

Just wanted to check with you – is the Raith in good enough condition after last week’s shutdown to be used at 30kV (my appointment is at 8pm this evening)?

Thanks,

Brian Gierhart