Subject: Raith Status Monday Oct 09 -- SYSTEM CONTINUES IN SHUT DOWN.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:08:03 -0700

["multipart/related" not shown] Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:08:03 -0700

From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:08:03 -0700

GREETINGS RAITH Community:

   The Raith 150 system continues to be in 'shut down' as we have encountered multiple component and control board failures as we strive to recover the system.

I have just returned from a week away from SNF on a Family matter.

During this time we lost the main RAITH 150 PC when field service personnel shut down power to the RAITH tool without bringing down the PC OS gracefully.

Raith USA Field Service and CARL Zeiss SMT were unable to make much progress through the course of the week and we are not waiting for more parts and boards to continue troubleshooting the problems we have encountered.

CARL Zeiss SMT is unavailable today as it is a Holiday for their field service personnel and I expect them to return tomorrow.
Further updates as I obtain the information.

Users are requested to remove ALL CORAL reservations through Mid-day Thursday and reschedule at a later date.
Stanford Users with critical project deadlines, or urgent writing needs, should see me during my daily office hour so we can develop a plan of action once the tool returns to service.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway
Ebeam Lab - SNF
650-725-7075
Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:08:03 -0700

From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:08:03 -0700

["image/gif" not shown] Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:08:03 -0700