Subject: RAITH STATUS 11 AM MONDAY -- New PC installation tomorrow.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:22:49 -0700

["multipart/related" not shown] Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:22:49 -0700

From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:22:49 -0700

Greetings Raith Users:

A USER encountered a problem on the LEO SEM side of the platform with the L-REM 32 module this morning.  This was resolved by shutting down the LEO PC and rebooting followed by saving to default statefile.mlc the suitable settings for the user's set up.
It was noted that the RAITH PC, a loaner PC from RAITH was running very slowly and we are cleaning up that disk and attempting to defrag it.

We  have just received our new  computer back from RAITH which  has been completely rebuild and updated.
 I will need some time tomorrow morning to install this computer on the system, reset the interfaces, and then test the new computer setup on our hardware.  Last weeks loaner computer arrived with the wrong versions of several of the DLL files that are needed to operate our software.  The versions of DLL provided are for the RAITH  version 4 platform.  I spent abut 10 hours of time going through the SW and the RAITH150.VBD changing settings to proper settings, testing and examining of files; then identified and recovered from my backups the correct DLL's for our software and hardware version.  I had to do this for all three of the IEEE488 interfaces on the system and concurrent changes to the RAITH150.VBD settings.

In summary, tomorrow I will do my best to swap out the PC and deal with all issues that arise with hopes of returning the system to users at 19:00 hours Tuesday.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway

Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:22:49 -0700

From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:22:49 -0700

["image/jpeg" not shown] Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:22:49 -0700