Subject: RAITH Status UPDATE Thursday Nov. 2, 2006-- Restrictions on acceleration voltage raised to: not to exceed 25 keV acceleration voltage.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:20:36 -0800
Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:20:36 -0800
Greetings Raith Community:

Today I successfully wrote at both 20 kV for the entire afternoon and
then just performed an exposure at 25 keV acceleration voltage.
No sudden increases in Gun section vacuum or other problems column were
encountered.

It is recommended that Users wish to work at above 20 kV first set to 20
kV and allow 5 minutes before increasing it further.
Please run a Gun Monitor program during your session so I can evaluate
the pressures should you run into any problems.

Please call me immediately should you encounter an EHT trip that shuts
down the Gun. (EHT Trip error no 519 on LEO server)

Thank you for your support!

Good Evening,

James Conway