Subject: RAITH is up and back online for Users...
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:05:53 -0800

["multipart/related" not shown] Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:05:53 -0800

From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:05:53 -0800

Greetings Raith Community:

We have effected replacement of the End Cap of the Objective lens on the RAITH SEM and this morning we qualified the system for usage.

Excellent resolution and Write Field to Write Field stitching were obtained.

Users are now welcome to operate the system and you are encouraged to make best efforts to 'share the ride' and maximize the utility of the system through Monday morning. Please coordinate with the next users in the Coral queue to minimize idle periods on the tool this weekend.

 I will be bringing the system down about 12 Noon on Monday as we shut down the lab for the Holiday shutdown.

Note on upcoming events that will affect all RAITH Users:

Happy Holidays to you and your families.

Peace,

James Conway