Subject: Re: Problem raith 2003-08-18 16:45:09: Raith Coordinates lost or strange coordinate readouts.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:02:46 -0700

Users:

Be advised that you should select "reset X-Y coordinates system" when
prompted
to on the system as the application launches unless you were the last
user.
This resets X:Y = U:V and gives you a good start.

If you are prompted to "Find and home All Positions" this is likely due
to the
system seeing a delta in the position from where it expected to be upon
application launch.  It is perfectly fine to 'Find home positions' at
the
beginning of any critical work.
(It is normal to fail motor 5 the loader arm as the limit is set to just
before
touching the slit valve door.)

If you see strange stage moves, a loss of joystick control, or totally
ridiculous numbers like Dan experienced a few days ago.
Press the STOP SIGN in the stage control window and it may recover then
and
there -- otherwise perform the "Find Home Positions" (FHP) routine and
you
should be good to go.

Otherwise reset the RAITH computer then perform the FHP when you launch
the
application.

Thank you,

James Conway