Subject: Please time the time it takes to write your patterns to compare to after we upgrade the system.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:16:45 -0800

Greetings Raith Users:

All Users on the system this week are requested to time the writing time of their normal working and test patterns on the RAITH system.  Please use a stop watch or timer and do not relay on the estimated time of the RAITH exposure times calculator.  This will be useful comparison data for the Lab once we complete the planned upgrade of the system to version 4 later this month.  Your patterns should write between 4 and 6 times faster on the upgraded platform.

Users are also given their second notice to back up all your RAITH computer files to another platform in case we run into any issues moving up to the new OS on the new RAITH system. Your backup should be completed by the end of business Friday March 9, 2007. While I don't expect their to be any problems during the upgrade-- it is always good practice to back up all files you will depend on in the future.   This is also a good time to clean up your file system, deleting all old archived or otherwise unnecessary files on both the RAITH and LEO computers.

On the new RAITH system I will need to establish new login accounts for each user on the new RAITH computer.

Stay tuned for further announcements as we move through the week.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway