Subject: 2nd Announcement: maintenance and RAITH hardware and software upgrade to version 4. System off line to users 9 AM March 12 to 2PM Friday March 16, 2007
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 10:16:03 -0800

Greetings Raith Community:
RAITH System off line to users 9 AM March 12 to 2 PM Friday March 16, 2007

This is your second announcement that I will be taking the RAITH 150 system down and off line to users for much of the week of March 12 - 16th, 2007.
ALL USERS are again notified to back up all their data, GDSII patterns and your position list to another platform to ensure your data is not lost.
We will be changing the computers and the operating system from what we now have to new platforms.

During this time I will be working with RAITH USA field service personnel to effect replacement to the ceramic balls that are mounted on our Laser Interferometer Stage Piezo mounts to address the  issues that we have been recently encountering. We will then qualify the system for performance and establish  baselines for measurements and timing of time of writes of my normal Process Control Monitor Patterns.

Once this is work is completed we will be upgrading the RAITH system's hardware and software to the current Version 4 package.

We are have finalized our  plan to do the repairs and upgrade with the hope to minimize the impact that the downtime will have on our Users.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway