Subject: FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF Raith Downtime -- Planned schedule for next two weeks ---- FINAL NOTICE TO BACK UP YOUR FILES TODAY ---- Action required of all users.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:46:42 -0800
Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:46:42 -0800

*Greetings Raith Users:*

We will be effecting repairs to the piezo post on the Laser
Interferometer Stage, making adjustments to the Std. Sample Holder and
the Electro-static chuck, then   upgrading the RAITH system hardware and
software to Version 4 next week. The system will be off line to Users
Monday morning through Friday at 2 - 5 PM.

Monday March 12, 2007 late morning  ~10 - 11:30 AM:

I will take the system away from SNF Users when the RAITH Field service
people have arrived and we are ready to start working on the system.
Users may write on the system until I cancel your writing job.

EBEAM LAB will then become a restricted area and only Staff access will
be allowed while we have the chamber open to minimize possible
contamination to the tooling.  Please also allow the RAITH Field service
people to get their work done* without *interruption we have a very
aggressive schedule planned.

*Plan of Action:
*
Monday March 12, 2007  ~10 - 11:30 AM

    * Vent system chamber and perform inspection and clean of interior
      of system chamber and the Laser Interferometer Stage.
    * Check the load lock stage exchange positions.
    * Replace the piezo post's ceramic balls and the mounting plates.
      Measure heights and shim to level the Standard Sample Holder.
    * Adjust and re-level the Electrostatic Chuck kinetic mounts to
      within level specification.

Tuesday 3-13-07 :

    * More measurements and adjustments to the Laser Interferometer
      Stage piezo supports as necessary.
    * Other repairs and maintenance as they are identified during
      inspections.
    * Qualify the tool and perform a quick Process Control Monitor (PCM)
      test write.
      This will be the last data point in all trends data for our PCM
      project and to ensure system is operating properly and to have
      traceable data to compare after the upgrade.
    * Flush cooling loop and replace coolant. Check flow volume through
      the entire cooling loop. Sanitize coolant.

Wednesday 3-14-07:

    * Switch out the Pattern generator and any other boards necessary in
      the blanking control section.
    *  Replace the RAITH PC with a new PC running windows XP OS.
    * Clone the old hard drive and perform system administration as
      required.
    * Test hardware and all communication and IEEE control interfaces...

Thursday and Friday:

    * RAITH System acceptance test after upgrade.
    * E/O card alignment checks and SEM system adjustments as necessary.
    * Qualify the system for performance using SNF PCM test. Compare the
      results and timing of writes before and after the Upgrade.
    * Cooling Water flow, FE-GUN Emission Stability, and Laser
      Interferometer Stage and  RAITH SEM resolution testing.

Version 4 Applications testing and training for JWC and invited RAITH
Champions. Persons interested in assisting us with testing should
contact James Conway early next week during my office hour.  Mainly this
will occur Friday Morning and may slip to following week if we run into
any significant problems during repairs.

Friday March 16, 2007 :
Version 4 Applications testing and training for JWC and invited RAITH
Champions...
Return the system to RAITH Champions ONLY for testing through the
weekend between 2 and 5 PM.
_ If you are not a RAITH Champion -- REMOVE your reservations from the
CORAL System today!*
*

_The Week of March 19 - 23, 2006.
 I will have to establish new logins, passwords and working directories
for ALL USERS on the system on the new RAITH computer.
Users will need to complete several training sessions to become
introduced to, and come up to speed on, the RAITH version 4 application.
Users will be re-qualified on the new RAITH system.

Now scheduled on CORAL are several afternoon sessions I will employ as
training and performance testing of the system that week.  Users are
encouraged to participate in these sessions with me.  At other times, I
will strive to be available to work with small group and individuals on
your first sessions on the tool.

We will all have to be extra kind and flexible through this transition
period to everyone working on the tool.
 It will be challenging for me to get everybody up and running at speed
on the new system.
 My goal is to have everyone now on the tool updated and comfortable on
the tool by the first week of April.
I impress upon all users to 'Share the Ride' and maximize throughput on
the RAITH tool through this weekend.

If you have questions -- SEE ME DURING MY OFFICE HOUR.

Thank you for your Support!

James Conway
001-650-725-7075
*
BACK UP ALL DATA AND SYSTEM FILES TO ANOTHER PLATFORM TODAY!!!!

USB DRIVES ARE IN STOCK IN PHYSICS STORES...

*/dON'T BE A WALDO!     NO TEARS OR WHINING ALLOWED IF YOU DO NOT BACK
UP YOUR DATA! /* :'(
*

["multipart/related" not shown]

[...]

["image/gif" not shown]