Subject: Raith Status 20:18 03162007 : System is off line to users over weekend for all users. Champions are assisting in testing system.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:41:26 -0800
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:41:26 -0800

*Greetings Raith Community*,
I have not completed all task on the RAITH 150 version 4 due to a number
of problems we have encountered over the last 72 hours. Time that was to
be spent in testing, training, and sleeping has been consumed with
sub-system and windows issues now fully resolved.We have completed the
upgrade of the hardware and software and have performed test exposures.
The system has not yet completed qualification and remains in red light
mode.

Tonight and into early tomorrow morning, the system will be writing a
very large job to test all functionality of the new hardware.

We were not able to transfer all the Users files and data over to the
new RAITH Computer this evening, but have resolved issues between the
two file systems. I just need the time to complete this task. I also
still must establish user accounts for each and every one of you!

Through the weekend and to Monday at 1 PM only the following persons
whom attended the initial demo and training session this afternoon may
access the system:
Tomas Sikola
Yuen Zhang
Ilya Fushman.

*Other interested Raith Champions only* are invited to visit the lab and
start to become familiar with the software version 4 using the off-line
software on the center computer and may consider reading the excellent
RAITH version 4 manual.

RAITH Champions that have backed up their data may make temporary
directories on the new RAITH computer in C:\tmp or C:\temp if they
desire to begin working on the system.  You must call and reach me by
phone first if you desire to attempt an exposure on the system.  All
others will need to wait until I complete all pending tasking and
inspect the qualification run.

We will continue training users during the many open labs I have
schedule next week.  Please refer to my last email for the schedule.

Thank you for your support during this difficult period of time!

Have a nice weekend,

James Conway

["multipart/related" not shown]

[...]

["image/jpeg" not shown]