Subject: Re: Tomas
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:16:17 -0700
Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:16:17 -0700
Hello Tomáš, Raith Users and RAITH Field Service,

I have flushed out the cooling loop from the NESLAB chiller to the RAITH
E/O card and turbo pump on the RAITH system.
Water flow is still restricted and only will flow at 0.8 LPM, just at
small flow but more than a trickle.  I gently reversed flushed and
forward flushed the lines to remove the debris that had coagulated in
the lines.  It appears to be an oily substance, presumably white mineral
oil.  In addition I flushed out the chiller and supply tank with soapy
water and then again flushed with DI through ten exchanges of clean
water totaling 5 gallons.  I then refilled the system and flushed out
the old lines again with clean DI water. Total flush volume was around
12 gallons.

I just started up the system -- but am not sure the mechanical pump has
started properly that backs up the turbo pump.   Current VAC status at
18:00 hours is the system is 'Waiting Turbo speed".  Hopefully the
system isolation valve and ion pump will start up normally as expected.
I will resume in the morning to troubleshoot and bring the FE-Gun back
up on line if possible.

NO Users access to the system for EBL operations tonight. The FE-GUN is
still down and vacuum will need time to recover.
The computers are up and running if Users desire to review the new
version 4 application, check their data, edit patterns, and prepare
position list in preparation for when the system returns to normal status.

I will update Noon tomorrow PDST.

Thank you for your support!

Good Evening,

James Conway

Tomáš ŠIKOLA wrote:
> James,
>
> O.K. It would be perfect.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tomas

the sample which was inside and ready. I hope  I did not make any harm. Do you think
there is a chance I can have my Friday early morning session? To complete my experiments
(leaving on Thursday, next week) I would still need  4 - 5 hours of EB time.

>>> The required report: My exposition made on last Saturdayy was surprisingly good.
I focused in the center of my 6x6 mm field and got a relatevely homogeneous exposition
over this field (5% PMMA - 450K, 280 nm, dose 115).