Subject: Raith Status 13:00 04-05-2007 -- SYSTEM is up and coming on line for users late this afternoon
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:18:19 -0700
Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:18:19 -0700

Good Afternoon,

Repairs to the cooling loop to the Neslab chiller have been completed
and this problem is resolved.

I started pumping on the system early this morning and I was able to
start up the FE-Gun up at 10:30 AM.  The system faulted in my attempt to
startup the pumps late last night, possibly from  the water flow/temp
alarm that tripped before.

This afternoon, I will be making some measurements and qualifying the
tool for operation. We will also be doing an additional exposure with
Tomas Sikola starting about 1:30 PM today.  Users whom have not yet
qualified on the new RAITH 150 version 4 may desire to make appointments
with me for next week to review the changes in the operation procedures.

Users can expect to resume the CORAL schedule queue from 17:00 today.
*
Users restricted to no higher than 10 keV acceleration voltage through
early next week.*

More as it happens,

James Conway