Subject: raith status 1730 Tuesday June 5, 2007 SYSTEM WILL REMAIN OFF LINE FOR COOLING LOOP AND CHILLER REPAIRS.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:46:12 -0700

Good Evening Raith Users,

Last evening the NESLAB chiller stopped circulating water to the Turbo pump and Electron Optics Card causing several automated shutdowns on the RAITH 150 system.

Today was consumed in my efforts to troubleshoot the NESLAB chiller in a closed loop configuration, followed by draining and flushing the cooling loop lines repeatedly to increase the flow towards specified flow volumes.  There is still some restriction to flow through the cooling loop that must be addressed.

Tomorrow afternoon ZEISS SMT field service is scheduled to come in and replace or effect repairs the turbo pump cooling housing flanges which appears to be restricted in its flow through volume and to further evaluate the problems that gave surfaced.

RAITH USA was contacted at 11 AM this morning and they are immediately shipping by air freight a loaner Neslab chiller unit.  Currently it is expected to arrive at SJ airport late tomorrow afternoon.  I asked that this be expedited, if it is possible, to get it to air freight  for delivery overnight for tomorrow delivery here if possible.

The system is down in red light mode and the computers are also powered down to ensure a safe system during repairs.
NO access to the system or files until we are back up and cooling capacity has been restored.

My apologizes to the interruption of your research work here at SNF.  I will restore the system to normal operations as soon as is humanly possible!

Thank you for your support!

James Conway