Subject: Re: Raith update....
From: "Xinran Wang" <xinranw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 14:55:06 -0700
Thu, 5 Jul 2007 14:55:06 -0700
Hi All,

Good news, raith is back up!

I just worked with Cole from Raith USA to recover the system. We manually
moved the robot arm out and moved the stage to the exchange position, and
was able to unload the sample holder to loadlock. Right now the sample
holder is in loadlock. The gun vacuum is higher than normal value(2.7E-9mBar,
probably because of poor chamber vacuum in the last few days), so Cole
recommended we operate under low voltage. Since James is not here, I want to
be cautious and ask all users to operate below 10KeV. The gun vacuum should
be going down gradually.
All raith users please carefully monitor the system during your session
and inspect your wafer and report and problem to raith.stanford.edu. James
will not be here until next week, so let's try to make raith work normally
during this time.

Thank you.

Xinran