Subject: Re: Raith update....
From: mkoto@stanford.edu
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:17:18 -0700

Hi All,

  I tried to use Raith now, but circumstance is still strange from normal.
On Load lock window, "unload samples" tag is turned on,and "load
samples" tag is  turned off. So I cannot start loading sample.
Since I'm not experienced user, I shouldn't try to solve by myself.
So I gave up using and left without any trial.

If someone knows how to solve it, please give suggestion.

Best-

Makoto

> Wow!  Congratulations and THANKS!!!
>
> Mary
>
> Xinran Wang wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> Good news, raith is back up!
>> I just worked with Cole from Raith USA to recover the system. We
>> manually moved the robot arm out and moved the stage to the
>> exchange position, and was able to unload the sample holder to
>> loadlock. Right now the sample holder is in loadlock. The gun
>> vacuum is higher than normal value( 2.7E-9mBar, probably because of
>>  poor chamber vacuum in the last few days), so Cole recommended we
>> operate under low voltage. Since James is not here, I want to be
>> cautious and ask all users to operate below 10KeV . The gun vacuum
>> should be going down gradually.
>> All raith users please carefully monitor the system during your
>> session and inspect your wafer and report and problem to
>> raith.stanford.edu <http://raith.stanford.edu>. James will not be
>> here until next week, so let's try to make raith work normally
>> during this time.
>> Thank you.
>> Xinran
>>
>> On 7/5/07, *Mary Tang* <mtang@stanford.edu
>> <mailto:mtang@stanford.edu>> wrote:
>>
>>    Hi all --
>>
>>    Cole Loomis just called.  Pretty much as James says, he would like
>>    to be
>>    able to walk through the system with one of the Champions to
>>    confirm a
>>    hardware problem before committing to sending a field service engineer
>>    out.  It's three hours ahead there -- is anyone available early this
>>    afternoon?  If so, please call Raith at:  631-738-9500 -- and you
>>    might
>>    want to drop an email to him at cl@raithusa.com
>>    <mailto:cl@raithusa.com> (and please cc everyone
>>    else in the loop.)  If not today, he's expecting someone to call
>>    tomorrow.  I'm leaving the machine enabled in my name for now,
>>    just in case.
>>
>>    Thanks!
>>
>>    Mary
>>
>>    Xinran Wang wrote:
>>    > Hi Raith users, Mary,
>>    >
>>    > This afternoon I called James and was instructed by him over the
>>    phone
>>    > to try to solve the raith problem. We were able to pump down the
>>    > loadlock and chamber to performe load procedure. But
>>    unfortunately the
>>    > robot arm is now stuck in the chamber and is unable to move. It's
>>    > probably stuck with the sample holder that was inside the chamber.
>>    >
>>    > At this moment, raith is still down until further notice, James will
>>    > contact Raith first thing tomorrow to ask them send some people
>>    here.
>>    >
>>    > Best,
>>    > Xinran
>>    >
>>    >
> [...]

    Makoto Koto            Visiting Scholar
  476 Lomita Mall  244 McCullough Building
  Stanford, CA 94305-4045