Subject: [Fwd: Shutdown raith SNF 2007-12-07 18:14:42: need a second replacement loader belt]
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:30:45 -0800

["multipart/related" not shown] Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:30:45 -0800

From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:30:45 -0800

Good Evening RAITH Users:
I did my very best but was unable to completely effect repairs to the RAITH Load Lock Transfer Arm.
  There were some signal and communication issues along with normal wear and tear on the Load Load Transfer Arm belt drive.  Manual attempts to recover last evening resulted in a loss of the Laser Interferometer Stage calibration, which was easy to recover. I worked through much of the communication issues and reset the proper set point for limit switches and then troubleshot the load belt this afternoon.

In my effort to install the new belt through a very complex 8 point serpentine pathway I missed one of the double belt turnaround rollers and then ended up trimming the belt to short.  In testing this assembly I could not reach the exchange position inside the chamber.  I just ordered a new belt to be shipped out by fastest means. Possibly we will also have field service visit from RAITH USA. I would hope to have system available to users late Monday afternoon if parts are received here at SNF.

The system will remain off line to users through the weekend, but the computers are available if you should desire to use the editor or review your images and data.  Please do not attempt to load the system.
System is in Red Light mode...

Thank you for your support!

James Conway