Subject: restriction on operation acceleration voltage increased to 20 keV for all Users.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:54:22 -0800

Good Evening,

Today I tested the system to 20 keV acceleration voltage with no concerns or problems encountered.  Gun section vacuum is in the 5.5 - 6.0E-010 Torr level which is optimal for this system.
Yesterdays exposure result appears within specifications with excellent stitching between write fields under the optical microscope at 1000X.

System is up for Users and the schedule is filling up quickly.

All the Best,

James Conway

James Conway wrote:

Greeting Raith Users:

The Raith is up and available to all qualified Users.
Users are instructed not to exceed 10 keV acceleration voltage until the emission increases to specifications and the gun section vacuum reached mid E-010 Torr level.
All samples going into the system should be soft baked just before loading into the load lock.  All normal precautions and restrictions on materials going into the system remain in place.

I have a 10 - 2 PM session which I will be starting at 10:30 as I still need to complete an microscope inspection before loading.

Users seeking RAITH version 4 application assistance for their projects should see me during my office hour to schedule an upcoming session time together.
Users impacted by the system down time just before the holiday shut down should also see me directly to get their jobs rescheduled.  See me ASAP as my schedule will be closing quickly through February.

Welcome back to Stanford!

James Conway