Subject: Re: raith free 7:30-9:30 tonight -- need 30kV.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:14:33 -0800
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:14:33 -0800
Hello Lindsay,

I expect we should be able to work at 30 keV by mid week next week.
Need Gun section vacuum levels to be below 8E-010 Torr.  I tested the
system to 25 kV this morning and vacuum levels are fine but emission on
the FE-GUN is still very low.  It will take some time to run in this
FE-Gun tip, in normal practice we normally put on 250 hours before
running up the emission to normal values.  This week and next I will be
slowly bringing the Extraction voltage upwards in 100 volts steps per
day till I hit my target values.

All the Best,

James Conway

Lindsay Moore wrote:
> I need 30kV.

Hello Lindsay,

I expect we should be able to work at 30 keV by mid week next week.  Need Gun section vacuum levels to be below 8E-010 Torr.  I tested the system to 25 kV this morning and vacuum levels are fine but emission on the FE-GUN is still very low.  It will take some time to run in this FE-Gun tip, in normal practice we normally put on 250 hours before running up the emission to normal values.  This week and next I will be slowly bringing the Extraction voltage upwards in 100 volts steps per day till I hit my target values.

All the Best,

James Conway

Lindsay Moore wrote:
I need 30kV.