Subject: RAITH UPDATE 1700 hours Wed. Sept. 24, 2003 RAITH is DOWN: Fractured pattern writes.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:19:20 -0700

Greetings Raith Users:

I have placed the RAITH 150 in 'Red light' mode:  Shutdown.    SYSTEM IS
NOT AVAILABLE FOR GENERAL USE.

We are experiencing intermittent sub field write errors during complex
pattern writes on the system.  This appears as breaks in the pattern due
to fractured sub-fields in the chip pattern.

We have ordered and will be receiving a new pattern generator from RAITH
USA. This is due to arrive tomorrow.

RAITH Champions:
Please call me if you wish access to the system tonight overnight.  Some
users seem to be able to get by without problems and I am trying to
figure out if there is a threshold for these events.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway