Subject: Re: RAITH STATUS 18:50 Thursday 2-28-08 System is up and normal operations resume.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:44:06 -0800
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:44:06 -0800
    *

    Good Evening RAITH Users and RAITH USA Field Service,

    *I am happy to report that the RAITH 150 system issues with flags
    and large ripples in the SEM image view have been resolved.
    Today I checked all the sub-systems coming into the platform;
    chiller, turbo, vibration isolation pads and the ground connections
    and power supply to the system and all was found to be fine.  I did
    reduce the Chiller water pressure down from 60 psi to 40 psi while
    maintaining 2 lpm of cooling flow.
    I then shutdown the computers and performed a "red button' reset on
    the main raith power switch and allowed the Electron Optics and
    other controller cards to reset and then promptly resumed power and
    vacuum system pumping after replacing the air lock cable into the
    back of the system.

    My EBL session was normal and no issues were observed. I measured
    the normal 13 - 14 nm contamination dot with a 5 - 7 nm image
    ripple.  These are the normal values we see day in and day out.
    Yesterday these flags or image ripples were on the order of 25 - 40
    nm, and we were seeing cyclical jumps in the SEM image dot position
    moving back and forth in the Y plane.  SEM image and raith image
    acquisitions for write field alignment are crisp and clear and users
    will again be able to find contamination dots to perform the alignment.

    Users are requested to promptly report any further issues to the
    RAITH Coral 'make comment' section should any unusual artifacts be
    observed.

    System is up and we are resuming the CORAL schedule at this time.

    Thank you for your support!

    James Conway

    :-)

James Conway wrote:
> Greetings RAITH Users:
>
> Working with RAITH USA Inc. I am troubleshooting the larger than
> normal scanning flag artifacts and Image Ripples on the RAITH 150 EBL
> system.  There may possibly be a problem with the Electron Optics
> board or its power supply voltages.  Users will find it difficult to
> properly focus and stigmate using contamination dots or on small sub
> 100 nm features due to this problem. The magnitude of the images
> ripples has been increasing each day since this weekend when this
> problems surfaced.
> Users should be particularly careful during Write Field Alignments.
> Please also report any other unusual problems or observations you can
> identify to this list.
> A RAITH Field Service visit has been requested to address this problem.
>
> While the demolition and construction activities across the street
> have added to our problems this week -- the problem I am
> troubleshooting occurs at all times of day/night and is apparent even
> when you do not have the system in focus on any feature in SEM view.
> Q.E.D., I believe the problem is sourced from the scanning /deflection
> section on the RAITH SEM (LEO) and not from external influences.  The
> platform vibration isolation system is working and set at all the
> normal parameters we normally employ. Turbo pump and NESLAB chiller
> operation pressure and flow are normal and no significant vibration is
> evidenced from these sub-systems.
>
> Thank you for your support!
>
> James Conway

["multipart/related" not shown]

[...]