Subject: RAITH is back up and available to users -- System is in specification.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:27:30 -0700
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:27:30 -0700
Greetings Raith Users:

As of 1500 hours today we are back up and running on the RAITH 150 system.
:-)

I recovered from the problem encountered in the software yesterday.
Thank you to the RAITH team in Dortmund and N.Y. State for fast response to
the problem report last evening.

The pattern generator card in the ELPHY Plus was removed, cleaned,
inspected, and one connection repaired and reinstalled.  Likely it was a
cable or pin connection that had been causing the intermittent problem.

I reset the calibrations for the X-Y stage and updated positions for the
faraday cups, latex spheres on chessy and the chessy grid patterns.  I
realigned the magnification amplifiers on the LEO for proper centering
across the three amplifier ranges.

I have tested the system for functionality of the stage control and the
pattern generator.
I ran the same two exposure sequences that crashed on me Monday AM and PM
with no problems. Total write of 208 patterns.

Write field to write field stitching is acceptable with a mean + 3 sigma
error on the order of 31 nm.
Overlay layer1 to layer2 is superb and less than we can measure using
verniers = <20 nm.
More overlay and stitching test will be conducted next week during the
Lithography Workshop.

System is available to all users scheduled over the weekend.
Users are asked to immediately report problems to both the CORAL system and
to James Conway by cell phone and email.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway
SNF