Subject: [Fwd: ebeam disk space] Please check, backup,and delete old files...
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:52:25 -0700
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:52:25 -0700
Greetings current and past users of EBEAM, our Hitachi H-700 Ebeam Writer:

We are performing some System Administration on EBEAM and we request your
help to clear up the file system space of obsolete and non used pattern
(*.EBMT), job batch (*.JTX) and cmd (*.CMD) files.

If you received this message as a TO: your email name:
You all have files in abundance on EBEAM  VAX host. in either the hl_hlfp or
the hl_jtx directories.
If you are receiving this as a CC: your email name:
This msg. is a call for your action but less urgently and/or FYI.

Could you please take a moment from your busy schedules and please review and
delete any old files from the BEAMER VAX DUB0 disk for us ASAP.

We had run out of file space on the disk last weekend, slowing the system to
nearly a halt. I came in Sunday evening and brought the system back up after
it crashed hard and cleaned up files pre Jan-01-2001 -- but many files remain
that have not been accessed in some time. I also performed the six month
accounting and temp file system administration and we hope to do the annual
in coming weeks.

Remember there is also a PURGE command that you can use to delete old
versions of jtx and cmd files.

This would help us greatly in our efforts to maintain a properly functioning
system.

Note: I do not have the time to do this for all of you unless it is a global
clean of all your files.

Also remember to be sure to use a unique two or three letter identifier such
as your login name or initials, so we can ID you to your files during SYS
administration. If we cannot identify a file to a user(s) it could be
purged...

Thank you for your support of the Ebeam area.

Sincerely Yours,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group