Subject: Raith Status Thursday at 6 PM.
From: James Conway <jwc@snf.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:21:04 -0700

Hello

Raith is up for all Users. Remains in yellow light mode of coral until I have finished with the XY Stage measurements.
Beam waist at 10 keV 30 um aperture is ~ 1.4 nm.
FE-Gun emission level is 30% lower than it was before I had to shut down the gun to perform the repairs yesterday.  This should improve and I will make adjustments at the end of the week.

Standard Sample holder delta WD across 90 mm axis is ~0.35 mm which is less than before we had the stage problem.

Universal sample holder will need to be adjusted after piezo post calibrations and further measurements.
Electrostatic Chuck will also need to be measured several times and mechanically adjusted.

My plan is to finish the week performing height and tilt measurements and then early next week come to a decision to perform more shimming or mechanical adjustments to the stage supports and piezo post that support the kinetic mounts before attempting to adjust the stages.  I am approaching cautiously as this is very critical work which will have a decided effect of EBL write quality.

Thanks to the Users whom have been providing measurements from their samples.  These are very helpful.

Good Evening,

James Conway